We wanted our friends and family to be able to follow the journey of Amy and Guppy through Texas, Ohio, and the rest of the world! Leave us a comment or send us a picture! This site is a work in progress, so any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Love
Amy and Guppy

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gratitude




A lot of things have been making me think lately. Last night, my friend Steph made a comment about how everyone was amazed that I took Guppy in stride. I didn't seem nervous or jittery, I didn't lose it when he cried non-stop for several months with colic, I don't chase him around and worry...
I think that part of it is that I am amazed that I made it this far. Every time he cries, I think , "Man, this would be a lot worse if he was crying and I was blind." Or if I needed to run out for some food and couldn't let him hang out with my dad because I had no one on the Mexican border. Or if I died during childbirth, and my family was so sad at wanting to be with him, but he was in Texas...
I think that life has taken an amazing turn, and I can't help but KNOW there is a higher power in all this. How else do you go from being stuck, to having such a perfect life? Well, except for the snow. Screw snow! I have a beautiful house, a perfectly healthy and happy child, a great babysitter, a flexible and fulfilling job, an opportunity to get my PhD, great friends, a great grandma and grandpa for Gupper, and I can see. Wow, being alive at this point really rocks.
I'm really grateful. I have a different perspective than a lot of people, but that is who I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. <3, Colleen

Unknown said...

To my darling daughter and her wonderful son, my first grandbaby,

Go'd grace and protection have covered us through an amazing journey! The prayer of family and friends have seen us through some difficult times. Watching Matthew grow this year has been watching love and faith in action!

I love you both so much! May God always Bless and Keep You BOTH!

Love Grandma Lois